About Yoga Classes (payment options)
- Beginners and Newcomers
- What is involved?
- Why come to classes
- One-To-One Sessions
- Payment Options
- Etiquette and Guidelines
Beginners and Newcomers
It is absolutely normal that stepping into that first Yoga class can be a little daunting. However, from experience the vast majority of those that do have the courage to come to their first class or One to One session (if preferred) become hooked, and soon incorporate a Yoga practice into their daily lives. There are so many benefits to be gained from practicing Yoga that once started the practitioner really starts to notice the difference if they stop for just a week or two.
Prior to attending, please feel free to call me for a chat. I can go through any questions you might have and make sure you know exactly what to expect and feel confident about coming. If you prefer to have a One to One session first that can be arranged (see below). I look forward to hearing from you………..
During a typical class you will find a progressively demanding and flowing sequence of postures synchronised to uplifting music. A process which will produce intense internal heat, and a profuse, purifying sweat that detoxifies muscles and organs. The result is improved circulation, a light, strong, flexible body, and a calm mind.
I teach the only way I know how, from the heart! The classes are true to the traditions of Yoga and complete in their approach to creating a healthy body and mind. A typical class includes:
• Breath awareness (Pranayama)
• General Stretching and Opening
• Vinyasa (Breath-Synchronized Movement)
• Asana (Steady Posture – Forward/Backward/Side Bend, Spinal Twist, Balance, Strength)
• Relaxation (10-15 minute complete guided relaxation)
• and……….. Good fun!
Hatha Yoga is a gradual process – Total in its approach – Rewarding you beyond belief.
When you practise yoga regularly you:
• become supple, flexible, strong and fit
• move gracefully
• develop good posture
• look better
• live longer and remain healthy and vigorous, well into old age
• breathe smoothly and efficiently
• sleep well
• concentrate and focus well
• cope well with stress
• have more energy and vitality
• have fewer accidents
• suffer less from illness and unpleasant symptoms
• are more relaxed and live comfortably in your body
• enjoy increased self-respect and self esteem
• I offer 1hr one-to-one sessions for £60. Should you want to invite friends there’s an additional charge of £15 per person.
This is a fantastic way for newcomers to get an introduction to what will be happening in a class to make you more comfortable before you arrive, or on the other hand, after attending a few classes you might want to work on your technique.
Some clients prefer to use Yoga as the basis for a one to one personal fitness and wellbeing programme with specific goals and targets in mind.
“This practice becomes well-grounded when continued with reverent devotion, without interruption, over a long period of time.” The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, 1:14
I’ve arranged the options in such a way that paying a ‘Drop-In’ rate only suits newcomers or those attending occasionally.
•OPTION 1 – 3 MONTHS £100 (10 classes = £10.00 per class)
•OPTION 2 – 2 MONTHS £60 (5 classes = £12.00 per class)
•OPTION 3 – DROP-IN £15
(Note: Should you subscribe to Option 1 or 2 and attend 10 or 5 classes within the timeframe indicated, simply begin another subscription. I will e mail you to let you know when your subscription has either expired or has been fully used up)
• Please note that 3 months is a 12 week period and 2 months is 8 weeks. The first class counting as week 1.
•For flexibility the 12 / 8 week period will begin on the date of your payment i.e. I will not be pre-setting start/finish dates.
• If paying by cash, for Option 1 or 2 please enclose in an envelope with your name and email address on it. If paying by cheque please include your name and email address. I will confirm receipt via email.
• Please note that once paid there will be no refunds or `on hold` options available.
• Pay per class or in advance:
• Pay as little as £10.00 for advance payment (See Payment Options Section).
• Inform your teacher of any injuries or health problems you may have before class.
• No experience needed – Beginners always welcome.
• Free car parking in most locations.
• Yoga mats available for newcomers.
• PLEASE try to arrive 5-10 minutes early for set up and relaxation.
• If you do arrive late or leave early be as quiet as possible. Assisting the door to close quietly behind you!
• Wear loose comfortable clothing – Bring something warm for final relaxation.
• Try not to eat for at least two hours before class.
• I advise bringing a bottle of water.
• Let me know about injuries/conditions that might affect your practice.
• Turn your cell phones off or leave them in your car.
• It’s great to share a class with people you know, but it can be distracting to yourself and others to have an extended or loud conversation.
• It may be appropriate to bring a towel/your own mat if you sweat.
• Don’t push it. Instead of trying to go as deeply or completely into a pose as others might be able to do, do what you can without straining or injuring yourself.
• If borrowing a mat please roll up and replace as found.
• Do accommodate arriving clients by moving your mat a bit if necessary.
• Have ‘close to hand’ things you will need in the class. Leave everything else at the back of the class..
• Should you have any questions please do contact me via email/phone as time can be short during the class.
• Most importantly, enjoy the experience!
`A way back to life` – The freedom and simple beauty is just too good to pass up!
Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.